Residential Fee Deferral
SCC Chapter 16.120 - Enacted 1997
The Residential Fee Deferral Program encourages the construction of residential developments in the County of Sacramento.
What County Impact Fees may be deferred?
Excluding the administrative components, the following fees are eligible to be deferred:
- Antelope Public Facilities Financing Plan Area Fees
- North Vineyard Station Specific Plan Area Fees
- Vineyard Public Facilities Plan Area Fees
- Sacramento County Transportation Development Fees
Application and Security Requirements:
Requires an application, execution and recording of an agreement against the property, and payment of 10% of fees.
Residential Fee Deferral Application and Recordable Agreement (County) - PDF
Residential Fee Deferral Application and Recordable Agreement (SASD) - PDF
Residential Fee Deferral Application and Recordable Agreement (SRCSD) - PDF
Fee Deferral Period, Fee Increases and Interest Penalties:
- Fees for single family homes are deferred to the close of escrow for each lot or 15 months from date of issuance of permits, whichever is less.
- Fees for multi-family residential projects may be deferred to the close of permanent loan financing or 15 months from date of issuance of permits, whichever is less.
- Fees deferred shall be paid at the rates applicable at the time of payment and are, therefore, subject to any rate increase/decrease adopted during the deferral period.
- Interest penalties apply if deferred fees are not paid within the maximum fee deferral period.
- Requires a non-refundable administrative processing fee of $350.00 per building permit.